History Alive 8 for the Australian Curriculum eBookPLUS (Online Purchase)
|Pub date||July 2012|
Based on the highly successful Humanities Alive series, History Alive 8 for the Australian Curriculum eBookPLUS (Online Purchase) provides the most engaging and fascinating coverage of the new Australian Curriculum for History for year 8 students across Australia.
• Visually appealing double-page spreads
• A wealth of source material
• High-impact photos and artwork
• A clear inquiry-based approach
• Lively and complete coverage of the essential content
• A dedicated ICT activities spread for each chapter which highlights all the ICT resources in eBookPLUS
History Alive 8 for the Australian Curriculum eBookPLUS is an electronic version of the textbook and a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
>eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
CHAPTER 1 - A World of Change (c. 650 - 1400)
Depth Study 1: The Western and Islamic World
CHAPTER 2 - The Vikings (c. 790 - 1066)
CHAPTER 3 - Medieval Europe (c. 590 - 1500)
CHAPTER 4 - The Ottoman Empire (c. 1299 - 1683)
CHAPTER 5 - Renaissance Italy (c. 1400 - 1600)
Overview 2: Ancient to Modern World
CHAPTER 6 - A world of expanding horizons (c. 1400 - 1750)
Depth Study 2: The Asia-Pacific World
CHAPTER 7 - Anghor/Khmer Empire (c. 802 - 1327)
CHAPTER 8 - Shogunate Japan (c. 794 - 1867)
CHAPTER 9 - The Polynesian explansion across the Pacific (c. 700 - 1756)
Depth Study 3: Expanding Contacts
CHAPTER 10 - Mongol Expansion (c. 1206 - 1368)
CHAPTER 11 - The Black Death in Asia, Europe and Africa (14th century plague)
CHAPTER 12 - The Spanish conquest of the Americas (c. 1492 - 1572)