Physics 2 HSC Course 3E & eBookPLUS
|Pub date||August 2008|
• Full colour, high quality illustrations that enhance students' understanding of physics concepts
• Clearly written explanations and sample problems
• Key terms highlighted and defined within chapters and in a complete glossary
• Interest boxes focusing on up-to-date information, current research, issues and developments
• Practical activities at the end of each chapter to support the syllabus investigations
• Chapter reviews that provide a range of problem-solving and descriptive questions
Physics 2 HSC Course 3E & eBookPLUS is a hard copy of the student text, accompanied by eBookPLUS - an electronic version of the student textbook as well as a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available to you online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
> eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
Chapter 1: Earth's Gravitational Field
Chapter 2: Launching Into Space
Chapter 3: Orbiting and Re-Entry
Chapter 4: Gravity in the Solar System
Chapter 5: Space and Time
Chapter 6: The Motor Effect and Dc Electric Motors
Chapter 7: Generating Electricity
Chapter 8: Generators and Power
Chapter 9: Ac Electric Motors
Chapter 10: Cathode Rays and the Development of Television
Chapter 11: The Photoelectric Effect and Black Body Radiation
Chapter 12: The Development and Application of Transistors
Chapter 13: Superconductivity
Chapter 14: Looking and Seeing
Chapter 15: Astronomical Measurement
Chapter 16: Binaries and Variables
Chapter 17: Star Lives
Chapter 18: The Use of Ultrasound in Medicine
Chapter 19: Electromagnetic Radiation as a Diagnostic Tool
Chapter 20: Radioactivity as a Diagnostic Tool
Chapter 21: Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a Diagnostic Tool
Chapter 22: The Atomic Models of Rutherford and Bohr
Chapter 23: Development of Quantum Mechanics
Chapter 24: Probing the Nucleus
Chapter 25: Nuclear Fission and other uses of Nuclear Physics
Chapter 26: Quarks and the Standard Model of Particle