Outcomes 2 HSC Course 5E & eBookPLUS
|Pub date||July 2013|
The fifth edition of the Outcomes 2 HSC Course offers comprehensive, authoritative coverage of the PDHPE Stage 6 Syllabus provided by reliable and respected authors. The tailored questions and applications provided in this latest edition in the series encourage inquiry and challenge students to develop their skills.
• Updates to the content, reflecting recent health/performance trends
• Extra revision/extension inquiry/applicationquestions, reinforcing use of keywords
• New Snapshots and case studies
• Enhanced information on syllabus areas
• StudyON icons, prompting further research or exam practice
• Addition of mark values end-of-chapter questions
Outcomes 2 HSC Course 5E & eBookPLUS is a hard copy of the student text, accompanied by eBookPLUS.
> eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
About eBookPLUS viii
HSC Core 1 Health priorities in Australia 1
Chapter 1 - How are priority issues for Australia’s health identfied? 3
Chapter 2 - What are the priority issues for improving Australia’s health? 23
Chapter 3 - Role of health-care facilities and services in achieving better health 81
Chapter 4 - Actions required to address Australia’s health priorities 111
HSC Core 2 Factors Affecting Performance 131
Chapter 5 - How does training affect performance? 133
Chapter 6 - Psychology and performance 185
Chapter 7 - Nutrition, recovery strategies and performance 211
Chapter 8 - Skill and performance 237
Chapter 9 - The health of young people 273
Chapter 10 - Sport and physical activity in Australian society 349
Chapter 11 - Sports medicine 395
Chapter 12 - Improving performance 449
Chapter 13 - Equity and health 513
Appendix 1 Techniques, hints and practice exam 567
Appendix 2 576