Retroactive 2 NSW Australian Curriculum History Stage 5: The Making of the Modern World and Australia eBookPLUS (Online Purchase)
|Pub date||November 2013|
Retroactive 2 Australian curriculum History - Stage 5: The Making of the Modern World and Australia eBookPLUS is a digital version of the textbook plus a complementary set of engaging, targeted digital resources.
Your eBookPLUS resources include:
• an Australian video series, with accompanying worksheets, that specifically introduces the Overview content of the new curriculum
• Depth Study topics: Progressive ideas and movements, The environment movement, and two starter units for School-developed topics on The Holocaust and Australia in the Vietnam War era
• a range of eLessons and interactivities to enhance students’ learning - including new, highly visual interactive timelines that help students sequence key historical events
• Interactive crosswords to test and consolidate learning of key terms within topics
• Interactive end of topic quizzes with immediate feedback to students and the ability to email results to teachers
• Student worksheets for all Depth Studies and Overview content
• ProjectsPLUS – ICT-based Depth Study topic projects that use an innovative research management system, featuring video introductions, media and templates to guide student research
• Weblinks to support material on the internet
• Smart Links to the myWorld History Atlas, with access to historical case studies, interactive maps, videos, interactive chronologies and over 1000 interactive questions
The Retroactive series continues to set the standard in providing a complete resource package for the New South Wales 7-10 History Syllabus. Fully updated and with engaging new content to comprehensively address the requirements of the new NSW syllabus for the Australian curriculum, the Retroactive text and eBookPLUS provide in-depth coverage of every Overview and Depth Study topic – including two starter units for School Developed Topics on The Holocaust and Australia in the Vietnam War era – allowing teachers and students to choose the studies they wish to explore.
With stunning visual appeal and exciting digital resources, and supplemented by quality teacher resources in the eGuidePLUS, the Retroactive series is designed to fully support teachers and engage and inspire students.
The Retroactive series develops students’ understanding of key historical concepts and inquiry skills. Students and teachers can be assured of a comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the Stage 5 ‘The making of the Modern World and Australia’ content and historical skills.
Features of Retroactive 2 Australian curriculum History - Stage 5: The Making of the Modern World and Australia include:
• In-depth coverage of all syllabus content
• Integrated history skills, including a varied and stimulating range of source-based activities, plus a Skill builder feature within topics to develop students’ skills in historical inquiry
• Content in manageable, thematically organised sections that link directly to syllabus points
• Clear text with a strong literacy focus
• Glossary terms defined on the page at point of use
• Detailed and clearly labelled colour diagrams and artwork
• End of topic Practise your historical skills sections that provide activities for each of the syllabus’ key historical skills
• Retrofile features to showcase high-interest facts
• Links to the Jacaranda World History Atlas
What is onlinepurchase?
onlinepurchase is a Jacaranda digital only product.
Following payment you will receive a registration code via email.
Go to www.jacplus.com.au to register your code and access your digital resource.
OVERVIEW: The Making of the Modern World
The Making of the Modern World
DEPTH STUDY 1: Making a Better World?
Topic 1a - The Industrial Revolution
Topic 1b - Movement of peoples
Topic 1c - Progressive ideas and movements (online only)
DEPTH STUDY 2: Australia and Asia
Topic 2a - Making a nation
Topic 2b - Asia and the World (China)
DEPTH STUDY 3: Australians at War (World Wars I and II)
Topic 3a - World War I
Topic 3b - World War II
OVERVIEW 2: The Modern World and Australia
The Modern World and Australia
DEPTH STUDY 4: Rights and Freedoms (1945 – present)
Topic 4 - Rights and freedoms (1945 – present)
DEPTH STUDY 5: The Globalising World
Topic 5a - Popular culture
Topic 5b - The environment movement (online only)
Topic 5c - Migration experiences
DEPTH STUDY 6: School-developed topic
Topic 6a - The Holocaust (online only)
Topic 6b - Australia in the Vietnam War era (online only)