Geography Alive 7 for the Australian Curriculum eBookPLUS (Online Purchase)
|Pub date||October 2013|
Geography Alive 7 for the Australian Curriculum is clearly structured around the Geographical Knowledge and Understanding from the specific Geographical Inquiry and Skills strands outlined in the Australian Curriculum.
• Interactivities, weblinks and elessons integrated into each spread.
• New topics and content from a range of regions and scales around the world to address the requirements of the Australian Curriculum.
• Up-to-date case studies exclusively online, enabling information and statistics to be updated as required.
• Activities are clearly structured around the General Capabilities and the seven concepts outlined in the Australian Curriculum. They provide an opportunity for students to apply their understanding of the concepts to the content.
• Customised Geographical Inquiry or Fieldwork modules based on the popular ProjectsPLUS structure. These are designed to further develop students’ Inquiry skills
• New learning resource: the Jacaranda Geography SkillBuilder, comes free with Geography Alive. SkillBuilders have been enhanced as an interactive online resource, available in the eBookPLUS.
• Includes step-by-step recipes, supported by eLessons to practically demonstrates the steps.
• Opportunities for students to practise and apply skills to the topics, to deepen their understanding. Students can track their understanding and gain instant feedback from questions.
Geography Alive 7 for the Australian Curriculum Edition eBookPLUS is a digital-only resource and provides access to all the course content. It also includes a wealth of multimedia resources accessed through our JacarandaPLUS website (http://www.jacplus.com.au/).
>eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
GEOGRAPHY ALIVE 7 CONTENTS*
UNIT ONE: WATER IN THE WORLD
CHAPTER 1 Water as a resource
CHAPTER 2 Our blue planet: water
CHAPTER 3 Too much, too little
CHAPTER 4 Blow wind, blow
UNIT TWO: PLACES ARE FOR LIVING
CHAPTER 5 Where do you live?
CHAPTER 6 People and places
CHAPTER 7 Liveable places
CHAPTER 8 Sustainable communities
*Contents may vary slightly from the finalised textbook