Maths Quest 10 for NSW 5.1/5.2 Pathway Australian Curriculum Edition eBookPLUS (Online Purchase)
|Pub date||September 2014|
A pronounced improvement on the already highly regarded Maths Quest Australian Curriculum series, our latest resources for NSW Australian Curriculum Mathematics have been updated based on in-depth research and feedback from teachers practising in NSW.
• Activities such as Code puzzles, online Word Searches, Crosswords and Sudoku puzzles.
• Includes a series of videos entitled the Story of Mathematics that help students to place the development of mathematical ideas in context.
• Students are provided with Investigations in every chapter and online projects provided in the ProjectsPLUS platform allowing for collaboration and trackable, connected, group work.
Maths Quest 10 NSW 5.1 & 5.2 Pathway Australian Curriculum Edition eBookPLUS is a digital-only version of the textbook. it also includes a wealth of multimedia resources accessed through our JacarandaPLUS website (http://www.jacplus.com.au/).
>eBookPLUS resource includes:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worsheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
• eBookPLUS resources are cost effective, ranging in price from $25.95 - $53.95 depending on your subject area.
About eBookPLUS xii
Chapter 1 Indices 2
1A Review of index laws 4
1B Negative indices 9
1C Combining index laws 13
Chapter 2 Algebra and equations 26
2A Substitution 28
2B Adding and subtracting algebraic fractions 33
2C Multiplying and dividing algebraic fractions 36
2D Solving simple equations 40
2E Solving multi ]step equations 46
Chapter 3 Coordinate geometry 62
3A Sketching linear graphs 64
3B Determining linear equations 71
3C The distance between two points 77
3D The midpoint of a line segment 80
3E Parallel and perpendicular lines 83
Chapter 4 Simultaneous linear equations and inequalities 106
4A Graphical solution of simultaneous linear equations 108
4B Solving simultaneous linear equations using substitution 115
4C Solving simultaneous linear equations using elimination 117
4D Applications of simultaneous linear equations 123
4E Solving linear inequalities 127
Chapter 5 Trigonometry 144
5A Pythagoras’ theorem 146
5B Pythagoras’ theorem in three dimensions 153
5C Trigonometric ratios 158
5D Using trigonometry to calculate side lengths 163
5E Using trigonometry to calculate angle size 167
5F Angles of elevation and depression 172
5G Bearings 176
5H Applications 182
Chapter 6 Surface area and volume 198
6A Area 200
6B Total surface area 209
6C Volume 217
Chapter 7 Quadratic expressions 238
7A Expanding algebraic expressions 240
7B Factorising expressions with three terms 245
7C Factorising expressions with two or four terms 249
7D Mixed factorisation 253
Chapter 8 Quadratic equations 266
8A Solving quadratic equations algebraically 268
8B Solving quadratic equations graphically 273
Chapter 9 Non ]linear relationships 286
9A Plotting parabolas 288
9B Sketching parabolas 294
9C Exponential functions and graphs 299
9D The circle
Chapter 10 Deductive geometry 322
10A Angles, triangles and congruence 324
10B Similar triangles 333
10C Quadrilaterals 340
10D Polygons 349
Chapter 11 Problem solving I 366
Chapter 12 Probability 388
12A Review of probability 390
12B Tree diagrams 406
12C Independent and dependent events 412
12D Conditional probability 418
12E Subjective probability 422
Chapter 13 Univariate data 440
13A Measures of central tendency 442
13B Measures of spread 453
13C Box ]and ]whisker plots 458
13D Comparing data sets 468
Chapter 14 Bivariate data 490
14A Variables 492
14B Graphing bivariate data 496
14C Scatterplots and linear modelling 502
Chapter 15 Statistics in the media 524
15A Populations and samples 526
15B Primary and secondary data 531
15C Evaluating inquiry methods and statistical reports 540
15D Statistical investigations 552
Chapter 16 Financial mathematics 574
16A Purchasing goods 576
16B Buying on terms 579
16C Successive discounts 585
16D Compound interest 588
16E Depreciation 596
16F Loan repayments 599
Chapter 17 Problem solving II 612