Geography Alive 10 for the Australian Curriculum eBookPLUS (Online Purchase)
|Pub date||December 2013|
Geography Alive 10 for the Australian Curriculum is clearly structured around the Geographical Knowledge and Understanding from the specific Geographical Inquiry and Skills strands outlined in the Australian Curriculum.
• Interactivities, weblinks and elessons integrated into each spread.
• New topics and content from a range of regions and scales around the world to address the requirements of the Australian Curriculum.
• Up-to-date case studies exclusively online, enabling information and statistics to be updated as required.
• Activities are clearly structured around the General Capabilities and the seven concepts outlined in the Australian Curriculum. They provide an opportunity for students to apply their understanding of the concepts to the content.
• Customised Geographical Inquiry or Fieldwork modules based on the popular ProjectsPLUS structure. These are designed to further develop students’ Inquiry skills
• New learning resource: the Jacaranda Geography SkillBuilder, comes free with Geography Alive. SkillBuilders have been enhanced as an interactive online resource, available in the eBookPLUS.
• Includes step-by-step recipes, supported by eLessons to practically demonstrates the steps.
• Opportunities for students to practise and apply skills to the topics, to deepen their understanding. Students can track their understanding and gain instant feedback from questions.
Geography Alive 10 for the Australian Curriculum Edition eBookPLUS is a digital-only resource and provides access to all the course content. It also includes a wealth of multimedia resources accessed through our JacarandaPLUS website (http://www.jacplus.com.au/).
>eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
GEOGRAPHY ALIVE 10 CONTENTS*
UNIT ONE: ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
CHAPTER 1 Introducing environmental change and management
CHAPTER 2 Land: environments under threat
CHAPTER 3 Inland water: dammed, diverted and drained
CHAPTER 4 Coasts: managing change
CHAPTER 5 Marine: are we trashing our oceans?
CHAPTER 6 Built: sustaining built environments
UNIT TWO: GLOBAL GEOGRAPHIES OF HUMAN WELLBEING
CHAPTER 7 What makes a good life?
CHAPTER 8 Population and wellbeing
CHAPTER 9 Is life the same everywhere?
CHAPTER 10 Conflict ... flight or flee?
*Contents may vary slightly from the finalised textbook