Maths Quest 8 for New South Wales Australian Curriculum Edition & eBookPLUS
|Pub date||November 2013|
Maths Quest 8 for NSW Australian Curriculum Edition & eBookPLUS has been written specifically to meet the requirements of the NSW Australian Curriculum. The Mathematics Syllabus focuses on students Working Mathematically in the strands of Fluency, Understanding, Reasoning, Problem-Solving and Communicating.
• Problem Solving chapters to provide students with opportunities to apply their knowledge out of the context of defined topics
• NAPLAN practice questions
• Links to assessON, our innovative online tool that provides additional assessment resources for your mathematics course and enables online assessments FOR, AS and OF learning and automatic feedback
• Links to SpyClass for Maths Quest 8, a captivating online comic-style game where students complete a range of missions
• Individual pathways: All exercises within the text are carefully graded so that students get to work at their own level. At the start of each exercise a guide to Individual pathways is provided. Individual Pathway Activities are available on the eBookPLUS to provide additional opportunities for students to engage with relevant mathematical concepts at their own level.
• A language section to provide students with opportunities to use mathematical language in context and to enhance their literacy skills
• A rich task/Investigation (Communication) to provide students with opportunities to explore and apply mathematical ideas beyond the level of skill
• Chapter Challenges to provide students with opportunities to think beyond the obvious and the concrete
• Puzzles to engage students and provide them with opportunities to learn through fun activities
Maths Quest 8 for NSW Australian Curriculum Edition & eBookPLUS is a hard-copy student text accompanied by the eBookPLUS.
eBookPLUS resources include:
• Access from any digital device: PC/MAC/iPad/Android Tablet.
• Worksheets - Word documents designed for easy customisation and editing.
• Interactivities and games to reinforce and enhance student learning.
• eLessons - engaging video clips and supporting material.
• Weblinks to relevant support material on the internet.
• ProjectsPLUS - unique ICT-based projects that provide opportunities for students to demonstrate creativity, thinking skills and teamwork.
About eBookPLUS xii
Chapter 1 - Numeracy 2
Chapter 2 - Integers 32
Chapter 3 - Index laws 56
Chapter 4 - Real numbers 86
Chapter 5 - Ratios and rates 128
Chapter 6 - Application of percentages 168
Chapter 7 - Congruence 198
Chapter 8 - Algebra 232
Chapter 9 - Problem solving I 278
Chapter 10 - Measurement 304
Chapter 11 - Linear equations 364
Chapter 12 - Representing and
Chapter 13 - Probability 468
Chapter 14 - Coordinates
Chapter 15 - Pythagoras’ theorem 568
Chapter 16 - Problem solving II 602