VCE Food & Technology Units 3 & 4 Book 2 3E & eBookPLUS
|Pub date||October 2010|
Food and Technology 2 Third Edition provides an innovative way of structuring learning by solving key challenges:
• How can students of all abilities (including the most able among them) be engaged and motivated?
• How can students successfully complete the practical cooking activities?
• How are students best prepared for their end-of-year exam?
• Current, real-life articles and case studies grab student attention: students remember what they have learned because the content is of interest to them
• All key knowledge points from the VCE Food and Technology study design are broken down into key concepts and presented in highly visual, digestible, lesson-based sections
• The integration of recipes provides students with an opportunity to develop their understanding of key concepts through practical activities
• Each chapter finishes by giving students the opportunity to practise answering exam-style questions
VCE Food & Technology Units 3 & 4, Third Edition eBookPLUS is an electronic version of the textbook and a complementary set of targeted digital resources. These flexible and engaging ICT activities are available online at the JacarandaPLUS website (www.jacplus.com.au).
The eBookPLUS includes:
• video and audio eLessons featuring demonstrations of cooking activities by industry professionals
• interactivities to help students understand the concepts
• weblinks to the latest research and information
Click here to view VCE Food & Technology Units 3 & 4, Third Edition eBookPLUS.
How to use this book.
Chapter 1. Maintaining food safety in Australia.
Chapter 2. Food properties, preparation and processing.
Chapter 3. Techniques of cooking.
Chapter 4. Food preservation.
Chapter 5. Developing a design plan.
Chapter 6. Implementing a design plan.
Chapter 7. Factors driving product development.
Chapter 8. Product development.
Chapter 9. Packaging and marketing.
Chapter 10. New and emerging foods.
Chapter 11. Environmental issues in food production.